Monday, November 3, 2008

Treatment

My general idea is to illustrate (animate) metaphorical observations I have about the world I live in. These metaphors will concern science, philosophy and the government and will flow into each other. I was inspired by this photoshop artwork by Chad Pugh: http://vimeo.com/927062. I like how different subjects and concepts are concisely illustrated without a specific educational/didactic purpose, but instead their juxtapositions evoke the pleasure of knowlede or observation.

I have a lot of very short episodes in mind for this, but can't decide on how each will fit together or what will be cut or included. The primary sequence/motif will be different metaphorical, perhaps caricatured observations about government, ours in particular. The government is this great stinking leviathan with millions of limbs yet it can barely move itself, it can only reach out it's tentacles and eat people. It also has many faces with myriad motives. The CIA is the surgeon, with tiny sharp scalpels sticking out on long robotic arms for instance.

Along with that interpretation of our government as a being, I'd like to show it over time. I have an idea in mind about various 20th century wars being the crests of waves, with smaller conflicts being ripples and wakes. I was thinking of teasing peoples messianic view of obama, even though i voted for him. (Obamanation).

The conclusion of this will move past critiques of the status quo and suggest a radically synergistic way of being. I'd like to incorporate hindu imagery because it would be very, very fun to animate. I imagine.

No comments: